Monday, February 1, 2010

Treat Anyone?


Sooo, I saw this idea somewhere and now have no idea where.... I'm a mother of three boys - I tend to be a little frazzled at times! Give me a break! But, I knew I wanted to try it! You take a marshmallow - dip it in caramel - white chocolate - and your choice of toppings! Now, let me give you a couple pointers. I tried to dip it into the caramel and then right into the chocolate... it didn't work... WAY too goopy... So, I dipped them all in caramel and set them on wax paper on a cookie sheet - then I set them outside for a few minutes for them to set up! Then I brought them in and dipped them in the chocolate - and then the toppings! This worked much better! After the boys were done dipping them in the toppings I did set them outside again for a few more minutes for them to set up. I will admit to you that I am not one who likes "sweets" that much... I usually see things like this and just think that it would be fun to do with the boys and share with neighbors! But, I have to admit that I thought they were pretty good! I wasn't a fan of all the toppings... those were for the kids! I like mine with just the caramel and chocolate! Of course you do have to like marshmallows though! Some of the toppings we used were: sprinkles, Heath bits, nuts, coconut, mini M&M's - but you could probably use anything sweet!


1 comment:

Rachel S. Smith said...

Yummy! Now, do the exact same thing with pretzel rods! So good!!!