Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday!

They started with Connect Four & then went to Crazy 8's
then on to puzzles
Jumpin' Monkey's
Chute's & Ladder's & Candy Land
& finally finished up with a round of Memory!

Today James and McKay were home - and it is Saturday! Why is that such a surprise??? Because they have spent the last two months worth of Saturday's skiing! I completely support the skiing thing 110%! I love that they go together - I love packing their lunches - I love their excited faces as they leave & I love that James usually ends up carrying McKay in when they come home because he has fallen asleep! I LOVE that James makes such an effort to make special memories with McKay.
However, this Saturday McKay was sick... he had been struggling with a sore throat the last couple days. And even though he tried to convince me into letting him go - I just thought it would be best to keep him home. James was up and busy early - changing the oil in the cars & giving my car a full detail. While he was busy I worked on a little sewing... & as I sewed the boys played games. I LOVED listening to them as they played - so content in just being together. They played games for an hour and a half! I sat up in the loft and sewed & just followed their cute little conversations!
We headed out the door and ran a few errands - we went to the DI, the quilt shop, the sporting good store to get McKay's soccer jersey & a few other little stops. While the boys napped with Becky - Wayne, James & I went up to the hills behind the house & I started target practice for hunting this fall! I still don't know who is more excited - Me, James or Wayne!!!
It really was a nice day with James & McKay home! But, I will be happy for them when they head off skiing next Saturday too!


No comments: