Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Glimpse Into My Life...

  • I was painting my toe nails this morning - Carter always likes to sit and watch me... when he asked if I would paint his toes too... I had to laugh as I remembered all the times I used to paint my Nephew Jackson's toes when I would babysit him just to get to my Brother!!! Maybe that is one of the reasons why the Lord has blessed me with three little boys... He's waiting to see if I will get desperate enough to paint their toe nails too!
  • McKay woke up yesterday morning a little off... He had had a bad dream in the night and was just a little clingy. So, when I told him it was time to get ready for school he got a little upset. He has never not wanted to go to school... When he said "Mom, I don't want to go to school I rather stay home & be with you - you are more important to me than school"! (It's at this point where I feel all of my teaching him that his Brothers are more important than anything is backfiring on me a little!) That's when he finishes it off with "Aren't I more important to you then school......"! Needless to say McKay didn't go to school yesterday! I did have a little talk with him about school being important... But, yesterday we had James go and get all of his school work and we had school at home! I figure there will come a time when he rather be with his friends then me... So, I enjoyed the day with him and the fact that for one day he rather be with me than anywhere else!
  • Cannon now has 12 teeth... Crazy kid just cut his bottom two molars! I swear I don't remember my other boys having this many teeth at 12 1/2 months...
  • McKay has found some game (I don't even know the name of it) on my cell phone... I will admit that I can barely text... I'm not that cell phone savvy! So, the other morning he put my cell phone on "standby mode" to save his game while he went to school.... Needless to say i spent the whole morning trying to figure out how to get it off "standby mode" & finally got frustrated enough that I just waited for him to get home from school so he could show me how to do it! He has since taken a picture of the carpet & somehow saved it so that every time James calls me it shows me the picture of the carpet!
  • I used to never be able to get Carter dressed.. he just preferred to stay in his pajamas all day. If we would go somewhere he would get dressed but as soon as we got home he would change right back into his pajamas! NOW he HAS to get dressed FIRST thing! He seriously rolls out of bed, goes to the bathroom & immediately gets dressed. The other morning he comes in at 6:15 a.m. and gets right in my face as I am still sleeping and says "Mom, where are my freakin' pants... I can't find them anywhere....."! I got up to go and help him to find that he had turned the bedroom light on and McKay was still asleep in the top bunk! He only wants to wear jeans... if you give him Khaki's he calls them "fake" pants and doesn't want to have anything to do with them! AND they can only have two pockets... if they have anymore than that he won't wear them either... Needless to say we are running low on pant options! Everyone used to warn me that I had it really good with McKay - he still just takes whatever I give him and puts it on! NOT Carter... It's a fight every morning! He has the cutest clothes - cute sweaters... But, he won't wear any of them! James gives in - I still hold out!
  • Carter is a little OCD - Ok Carter is very OCD... Yes, we know where he got it from and we have all accepted it!!! Everything for Carter has a place - and a certain way of doing something! We were getting ready to leave and I told him to go get his black All Star shoes... He came back with McKay's black All Star shoes... So, I told him that those were McKay's and he needed to go get his... When he replied "I will NOT tell McKay he is the worst brother when he gets home from school... IF you promise me to have a talk with him when he gets home about putting his shoes in the right spot"!
  • McKay informed me as he was playing the before mentioned cell phone game "Mom, I am so attracted to this game! I just can't put it down!"
  • Carter asked James this morning over breakfast "Dad, do you think that I'm one of a kind"? James seriously choked! He has no clue how "one of a kind" he really is!

2 comments:

Moalee said...

No one missed more school than you (mostly high school) for no real important reason than you did! I still wonder how you graduated, I think Jolene Anderson might have helped you out there.
Travis had 12 teeth a one year.
You weren't as OCD as Carter at as young an age...you put everything under your bed and saved any junk mail you could get your hands on. I cleaned out your drawers while you were at school. As far as clothes you deserve Carter!!! He is one of a kind and we wouldn't want him any other way. xoxox

Rachel S. Smith said...

"I'm so attracted to this...blog...I can't stop reading it." Haha! We miss those kids!!!