Monday, February 22, 2010

He's Finally home...


My parents had been asking to have Carter come and stay with them and a week ago Sunday James had to make a day trip to Idaho Falls... So, I packed him up and sent him with James. He was sooooooooooooooooooo excited to go - you could tell that he felt like such a big boy! He always stays at home with me and watches as McKay gets to go skiing, to school parties, to his cousins.... So, I thought it was important for him to have his own special time! Carter is my little shadow... So, it was hard for me to have him gone! When I would call to talk to him he would hardly talk to me because he was always off having too much fun! They went to the donut shop, to the Dollar Store, to the Blue Fish (It's what my kids call Arctic Circle in Idaho Falls), he got to play with Tyson, they went all over town and found him a plastic piggy bank (he wanted one that really looked like a pig!), he played marbles with Grandpa , got to see Uncle Travis & most importantly just got to BE with Grandma & Grandpa! I grew up looking forward to my summer trips to Boise to stay with my Grandparent's & LOVE that my boys have such a special relationship with their Grandparent's too! I have to admit that we have been having to re-program Carter a little bit! He got a little used to all the attention and being spoiled! He told me yesterday that he was just home for a couple days & then he was going back to Grandma's! McKay REALLY missed Carter! But, I was proud of him for how happy he was for Carter that he got to go! He is looking forward to Spring Break when he gets to have his turn!!!


James & I left early Saturday and headed to Idaho Falls to pick Carter up. James & McKay spent the day skiing at Kelly's with Wendy & Jackson. I got to spend a wonderful day with my Mom! I wasn't going to go... and them I was... and then I wasn"t... But, at the very last minute - literally! I decided to go & I am glad I did! Thanks Mom - I LOVE you!

1 comment:

Moalee said...

It's NOT spoiled it's just well loved! He was soooo much fun. I'm so glad that you came on Saturday too. I miss you all. I love you!xoxox