Friday, February 26, 2010

Star Wars Skateboarding Room????

1. Googled Star Wars Stencils
2. Traced picture on freezer paper & used exacto knife to cut out figure. 3. Iron stencil onto fabric.
4. Paint
5. After letting paint completely dry remove stencil and WaHlAh... You have Darth Vader
6. Finished Star Wars pillow for McKay's Bed
My little helper - Give him a tape measure and it entertains him for a long time!




McKay: "Mom, do you think that we could change my room".
Erin: "Ummmmm what's wrong with your room"?
James: "It looks like an add for Pottery Barn".
Erin: "It looks like a little boys room".
James: "A little boys room from Pottery Barn..."
Erin: "McKay how do you want your room"?
McKay: "I want a Star Wars Skateboarding room!"
Erin: "Ummmmm are you sure about that"?
McKay: "Yep, I think about it all the time"!
So, I made my first decoration for the Star Wars Skateboarding room today! I know that many of you are on shock - it is NO secret that i do not like anything with characters on it... Just not my thing. My boys do have a couple shirts with Star Wars or Transformers on them but they know that they are only to wear at home! But, you are only a little boy once... that is what I keep telling myself anyway....


2 comments:

Kimberly Davis said...

Why can't you live close to me so that you can do all your fun stuff with us!!! Love the pillows - where do you find the time???

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Erin, you have NOT sacrificed your "no charachters rule" this is the "Erin Turley" spin on boy characters! I LOVE it! It turned out GREAT! You should be so proud! Thanks for updating your blog! I always feel not so far away when I read it!