Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Monday...

New "Piggy Bank"!


Thank You Baby Einstein!


Speed dialing a few friends...


Decorating Windows


Monday... I LOVE Mondays... a fresh start to the week... Unless, you have a teething baby who won't let you put him down for anything! He has 12 teeth - and they just keep coming! It is a little funny when he smiles at you and there is a whole mouthful of teeth! So, today I am grateful for my cell phone - because it is the one thing that will entertain him for a minute... Sorry to all of you who got calls from him today! It probably isn't a good time to be on my speed dial! And I am grateful for Baby Einstein movies... He will sit and be content and watch them.... as long as I sit with him... that part I don't like so much but at least he isn't crying!


  • James took Carter on a lunch date today... He has been trying to compensate for all the extra time McKay has been getting with him skiing! So, lunch dates work great! Today they went to Wendy's and to the Dollar Store - Carter picked out a clear plastic container for a "piggy bank"! He has 5 piggy banks! He has his money separated out into quarters, nickles, dimes, pennies, and dollars - each having their own container! When he was leaving he was so torn - sad to leave McKay... But, sooo excited that it was his turn to go with James by himself... James said that when they got to the Dollar Store all he wanted to do was pick something out for McKay - James had to tell him to pick something out for him too! And of course a good father let him pick out the HUGE bags of bubble gum!!!

  • While James and Carter were on their date McKay decorated their room with Valentines decorations from Grandma Moe (My Mom).
  • I LOVED listening to McKay visiting with my Dad on the phone today... It's funny the things that they think are soooo important that they need to tell their Grandpa!
  • At lunch McKay informed me that he was jealous of a boy at school named JT.... I had never heard McKay say he was jealous of anyone before and was taken back a little! I asked him why when he said: "His name is JT... He only has 2 letters in his name... I have 5 and he beats me everyday when we have to write our names. I'm jealous that he has only two letters in his name... I'm just going to start writing 'Mc' as my name and then he won't beat me anymore"! I could see his logic! But, when I made the sound that "Mc" made and told him everyone would start calling him that he was content to keep it with McKay!
  • I cleaned the boys bathroom today. (I clean bathrooms on Mondays) Afterwards Carter came and gave me a big hug and said "Thank you sooo much for cleaning my bathroom. It makes me sooo happy when it is clean! There was a piece of toothpaste in the sink that had been driving me crazy all week"! Hhhhmmmm wonder where he gets that from......
  • I tried a new sweet and sour chicken recipe in the crock pot! Everyone loved it! Brett came and we watched Swiss Family Robinson for Family Night.
  • I registered McKay for Spring Soccer. I need to have something for him to do when skiing is done!
  • Carter has worn the same outfit for three days in a row!!! It's his favorite shirt and jeans! I think he can sense that I am a little pre occupied taking care of grouchy Cannon and he is milking it for as long as he can! I'm amazed that they are still pretty clean!
So, I may not have gotten as much done as I usually do on a Monday... and I may have still been in my sweats when James came home from work... AND i did have a baby permanently attached to my hip all day... But, my kids were happy and they had had a good day! Isn't that all that really counts!

3 comments:

mstokes said...

I have about 10 baby einstien if you need a new one! Life Savers! I mean Back Savers!

Moalee said...

I got one of those speed dial calls from Cannon, I think it was at about 7:15 AM(!!!!!!). He wouldn't even talk back. Use it as a baby toy after 8:00am please.
I love you. xoxox

Erin said...

Mom, you should be grateful that it didn't come at 6:20 a.m. like Jon and Stacey's did!!!