Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wishing For Spring...

I have a couple recipes that I really like that call for fresh herbs... I got tired of paying $4 for fresh basil that looked terrible. So, I went to a little greenhouse just down the street hoping to buy some fresh plants that I could keep in my kitchen. But, I was a little to early in the season. So, I did the next best thing... I bought all the stuff to grow my own! I bought basil, cilantro, rosemary & oregano seeds. It took about a week for the basil & cilantro to come up. I was a little worried about the rosemary & oregano. So, I fished these plastic containers out of our garbage (they are the containers that our croissant's came in from the grocery store!) & placed the starts in them for a couple days & now they are starting to sprout. One of my favorite things is to have a garden. So, as the snow has continued to fly outside it has been fun to bring a little spring gardening inside! The hardest part of it all has been trying to keep the fingers of a two-year-old out of them!

No comments: