Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm A Lucky Girl

One morning I woke up to this... I have to admit that at first I did not see it! I was standing across from Mckay at the bar in the kitchen giving him his breakfast & McKay read it to me (only after his father had whispered in his ear to read it to me because I was obviously a little pre-occupied!). I even had to turn around to see what he was reading! It made my day! I even left it up for a week!

Today I got a little package in the mail... I had been eyeing a cute pair of pumps at The Buckle. Somehow they ended up on my front step! They were paid for by a gentleman by the name of James Turley...  It made my day! I even mopped the floor with them on! They made mopping so much more fun!

A couple years ago James asked me what two cleaning jobs I despised the most out of all that I did. I didn't even have to think about it! I quickly told him unloading the dishwasher & cleaning the toilets! Since then he has always cleaned the toilets & unloads the dishwasher! He gets up at the crack of dawn & I hear him out in the kitchen putting the dishes away. It makes my day!

More times than not I get a call as he is on his way home from work asking if he can stop anywhere for me and pick anything up... It makes my day!

Sometimes I get calls from him & when I answer all I hear is him singing along with the radio - when I listen a little closer it is usually one of my favorite songs! It makes me laugh every time!

In the middle of the night when I just can't get myself out of bed to go to whatever child is calling for me... He always seems to know & jumps up for me! I am always so grateful when he does!

And it always seems that the only time I crave sushi is later at night when he is all settled in for the night... And he always says - "Are you seriously craving that right now? If you are I would be happy to go get it for you!"

I'm a lucky girl! Yes, I am!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

i'll say!!!! james is glowing in my mind :) what a sweet husband.

Moalee said...

You are lucky, that's why he's my favorite son-in-law:)