Friday, March 25, 2011

Our Day...

I love the little moments in a day...

Today:

Cannon is sick. Carter has been extra sweet with him & doting on him. After a trip to the doctors we are now armed with two antibiotics. Hopefully he starts feeling better soon.

I maintain that some of the best money I have ever spent is on Lego's. Carter especially plays with them for hours! However, I often times get tired of cleaning them up. So, today I put a pile of macaroni on the floor & turned on the vacuum... Carter was in the other room & could hear the macaroni being vacuumed up & came running! When he asked me what I was vacuuming up I told him it was his Lego's!!! Holy smokes he had a melt down!!! But, I don't think I will have to ask him to clean up his Lego's when he is done playing with them again! And yes, I did feel a little guilty!

McKay came home from school today thinking he could speak Chinese... he was talking to Carter in his "Chinese" & it just kept frustrating Carter. So, after I heard Carter ask McKay to stop & after McKay did not stop... The Mother had to get involved! I heard McKay again speak his "Chinese" to Carter & I called McKay into the office & told him he was grounded for swearing at Carter! He was totally confused & I told him that I Googled the Chinese words he was using & that he was swearing at Carter! He didn't know what to think! He had to go & apologize to Carter & I don't think we will have a language barrier at our house anytime soon!

We downloaded new songs onto the boys Ipod's yesterday. They both had a couple new songs that they wanted. I put the new song "I Won't Let Go" by Rascal Flatts on McKay's & told him that if he was ever sad or having a bad day that I wanted him to listen to the song & know that it was from me. He ran off to listen to his new songs on his bed & a little while later I went into check on him... only to find him bawling!!! Completely doing the ugly cry where you have a hard time breathing kind of crying!!! He had listened to the Rascal Flatts song & was convinced that he never wanted to leave me! I was so touched to see how much it had meant to him! I did have to explain to him that I gave it to him to make him happy & not sad! And after he worked through his emotions he finally fell asleep in my arms! What a sensitive little man he can be! Something my heart will always remember.

Right now I am loving watching Carter dance to Michael Jackson out of the corner of my eye! He is dancing like no one is watching! I think I will go join him.... I am so grateful to be a Mother!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! What a funny post and what a tricky mom you are!! That is great! I can just imagine you telling James when he gets home all the funny tricks you played on the kids when he was at work! LOL

Rachel S. Smith said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the macaroni idea! So funny! Overtime, you will do those kinds of things more often to get their attention, and trust me, you won't be feeling guilty by then!

So funny about the chinese story! Your boys crack me up!!

Moalee said...

You are mean! And YES you ARE your FATHER'S daughter. But have fun dancing and give them all kisses for me. XOXO