Monday, March 28, 2011

Something I Love...


 This book was printed in 1947! It's 64 years old! I loovveeee the old pictures...





 This old Lucky Star book is 53 years old...

 McKay reads these old readers every day - he seems to prefer them as much as I do & loves all the old stories.

One of the first things I do when I find an old book is look to see when it was published! I love knowing how old it is!

 And this book about Maybelle the Donkey is 60 years old.

These are my recent finds. I usually pick them up at thrift shops for .50 - $2.00.

I truly have a love for old books. When I was little I had all of my old books set up on a library system. All categorized by title & author! I still have some of my old books & smile every time I read one to the boys & see my number system written on the inside of the cover! Now I scour all of the little thrift shops looking for old books. I love the old, weathered, textured covers & the old fashioned stories and pictures. Most of them are from old libraries & still have their old "check out" cards on the inside flap. I simply love them!

2 comments:

Moalee said...

Ferdinand is the book they read in the movie The Blind Side. Cute story. The pictures in a book are the first thing I look at and then the story. I LOVE great illustration. A pictue is worth a thousand words. You did have a good little library in your room. XOXO

mstokes said...

Those are the cutest books ever! I'll have to check my DI fto start my collection!