Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It's That Time...

Everyday when McKay comes home from school he finds his list of to-do's here. This is what has to be done before he can watch any TV or play the Wii. Today there was a new activity that there hasn't been in the past. Can you guess which one it is??? Last night McKay's Babe Ruth coach called & he has his first practice this Saturday! He is ecstatic! So, from now until the end of the season he will play catch everyday (except Sunday) with James or I. I believe that if you are going to participate in something you give your best. And practice makes your best even better. Batting practice will also be added to the mix. It is at this time that I am more than grateful for the hours (and I do mean hours people!) that my Dad spent with me playing catch in the back yard. I often heard from him "I refuse to have a girl who throws like a girl"! (I often wanted to yell back that "Ummmm.... HELLO! I am a girl!). Or the countless times I was dragged across the street to throw batting practice for my brother's (who are 4 & 6 years older than me!). Seriously having balls ripping past you from big teenage boys was a little intimidating! Even as an adult as we visit my parents house during the summer my Dad will often grab the mitt's & a ball & we spend time together playing catch. He still even makes me chase after a bad throw! But, now as I have three boys of my own I am TRULY grateful for the first time that I don't throw like a girl!   

2 comments:

Moalee said...

You forgot all the times Dad made you be warm-up catcher for his 14-15 yr old group. At least you can hit a target, even if it is someone's head. I think he said something about you throwing like a girl too. WRONG thing to say. XOXO

Katie Potter said...

I love the chalkboard! What an adorable idea!