Sunday, January 16, 2011

Someone... Turned 2!

 Mr. Cannon turned 2 yesterday... It's hard to believe that it has been two years since he made his dramatic entrance into our lives! I was rushed in for an emergency c-section only to deliver him in the operating room right as the anesthesiologist was about to knock me out! That's the short story anyway & it was a very emotional scary time! And since then he has continued to keep me on my toes!
 He got his very own set of frog rain boots! Carter has a pair that he LOVES & are usually on his feet where ever we go! Cannon has taken a major liking to them... & Carter has been more than patient with it! But, it was time for Cannon to get his own! There is only so much any little boy can take & Carter was starting to come to end of his rope! Thank you Grandma & Grandpa Wall!

 Yes, I know.... I hear the gasps! Hell has officially frozen over! I will be honest and tell you that I am not a fan of anything with characters on it... I refused to buy anything for McKay & Carter that had any characters on it. And if by chance they were given anything (which they were because my family loved to see me squirm!) that had characters on it they were only allowed to wear it at home. It was a strict rule that was strongly enforced (unless Mom was out of town & Dad would let them & I always heard about it!). My Nephew Eli has a little Lightning McQueen chair like this... & every time we would go to Jason & Kristin's we would have to hide it because he & Cannon would fight and come to blows over it. So, with having three boys I really struggle with what to buy Cannon because he already has EVERYTHING! He has all the toys, train sets, blocks... you name it he has it! So, I broke! When I told James what I was thinking about getting him he didn't believe me & asked me if I was feeling ok!  Needless to say he LOVED it! And I am still breathing - it didn't kill me! But, that is by no means a green light for more things to come!




 Cannon is the pickiest eater... and it really took him a minute to decide if he was going to eat his own cake!



Cannon & Eli in their matching chairs!

I LOVE my boys Birthdays! They are not only special to them - but, very special to James & I too. James & I have this thing we do on their Birthdays. I always get out their memory books that I wrote down the whole account of the day they were born & we read it that morning. Then throughout the day we will call each other back and forth & remember what we were doing in that moment however many years ago. We always are on the phone with each other (if James is at work) or together to celebrate the moment they were born. It always brings tears to my eyes!

* Cannon at 2 you are a busy little man. You are a climber & it usually has me on the verge of a nervous break down! This week I came into the kitchen to find that you had found a bag of microwave popcorn... you climbed up the cupboard & were standing on the  stove with the microwave open putting the popcorn in.

* You are the pickiest eater. You will NOT try anything new. You like hot dog's, yogurt, cereal, apple's, orange's, pretzel's & that's about it. Anything I put in front of you you just immediately push away... it drives me crazy!

* You LOVE McKay and tolerate Carter! That's because McKay will give you anything you want & Carter tries to keep you from doing anything you aren't supposed to be doing!

* You love the movies Up, Chipmunks Squeakqual, & the Bee movie. Your brother's are beyond tired of all three of them!!!

* If I put you down for bed you get up several times... If Dad puts you down you don't get up at all... Needless to say Dad puts you to bed most nights!

* You won't say "I Love You". When someone tells you "I Love You", you respond by saying "Too"! In a high pitched I want to eat you cute voice!

* You are always wearing someone else's shoes & they never match!

* You love to take a shower. You sit in the tub and try to catch the water in your buckets.

* If we are getting ready to leave to go anywhere you start to panic that you aren't going to go... So, to make you happy (and so I can load up the things I need to without you hanging on my leg) we load you up in the car first. You are happy & I can peacefully get the things I need to!

* You love the little Lego people figures. You call them "guys" & always have one or two in your hands.

* You have an infectious laugh! Lot's of times you will laugh so hard you will start to cry.

* You love to talk on the phone with Grandma Wall. Whenever I am on the phone you start asking for her over & over again. Many people have had to talk to you just to appease you!

* I love when you wear your little bathrobe after you get out of the shower... You just look too cute in it!

* You are very much a Mama's boy. And I love it very much!

* You always walk with a strut, a skip or a prance - everyone is always commenting on how cute it is!

Cannon we love you so much! You have two brother's who adore you & you are always trying to do everything they are doing. You bring so much joy to our home & our family. Thanks for being our little Man!

3 comments:

Moalee said...

Cute pictures, I love this little man. Wish we could have been there. Thanks for sharing the pictures so soon. I love you.


p.s. the green light thing is close to saying never, and you know what I've taught you about saying that!

Jennifer Payne said...

He is so cute!! I can't believe he is 2. My baby is already 2 1/2, where does the time go?? You are an incredible mom! Miss you!

Rachel S. Smith said...

So cute! I love the excitement on his face when he has the cute cake in front of him!!! What a great day and what a fun baby he is....truthfully he's now a big boy! I love seeing him growing up!