Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chalkboard Placemats!


After I get all of the Christmas decorations put away I am quick to start planning Valentines day! I love Valentines day! I grew up with my Mom always baking us our own cherry pie & my Dad always giving me a big box of chocolates & a card on Valentines day! I still have those cards stored away! I always bake a little something special for the boys... but, I like to make them something to! I think this looks like the perfect little something to go with the box of Lego's that they get! And to add to their church bags! You can find a tutorial for it at The Polkadot Chair:
She did use a Silhouette for a couple steps. I do not have a Silhouette... but, I am quickly starting to think that I might need one! However, I think that those steps could be skipped or modified. I googled chalk board fabric and it averaged about $9.99 a yard... But, depending on how wide the fabric was you could get at least 4 from the yard! They would make cute little Birthday presents for my Niece's too!

2 comments:

Rachel S. Smith said...

Did you know that these were the mats I was talking about before Christmas? The style I went with has an elastic loop for closing and then had bias tape for the edges! I love that stuff, it hides all my flaws! I do love the personalization! Can't wait to see your finished products!

Erin said...

Ha! Ha! No, I didn't! Great minds think a like!