Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Little R&R

We Made his favorite blueberry muffins

Crazy baby! And yes - his father got him dressed for bed the night before!!! What a good Dad!
We read books... lots of books! He read through the 8 new Mercer Mayer's I got him at the DI last week!

They cuddled & watched movies
And he & I shared a plate of cookies & talked while the brothers slept
A couple times a year McKay crashes... yesterday was one of those days. He got up & ready for school & when it was time to go he started to cry. McKay never cries & when he does I have learned to listen. He LOVES school - he is my Mr. Social & can't stand the thought of missing out on recess! He's the captain of the football team! (I think that is because he brings his football from home! Football = Captain!) But, he wanted to stay home. I refuse to send him out the door in tears & felt like he just needed a down day. I had errands to run & things to do... But, I cancelled them all & we made muffins, read books, cuddled, watched a movie & just relaxed & took it easy. His brother's enjoyed having him home as much as I did. And sure enough this morning he was excited to get back to school & left with a smile on his face! I know that education is important. McKay is in an accelerated program at school & does very well. But, some days I do think that there are more important things. And yesterday just happened to be one of them.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree!! Glad he is feeling better and that you guys had fun!