Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What a Night.....

Sooooo, I needed to run a couple errands tonight. James doesn't like me going out by myself at night and decided that he and the boys were going to accompany me! McKay had been home from school sick the last two days and was needing an out. The two places I needed to go to were Walmart and Hobby Lobby. At first the thought of taking my Husband and boys with me to a craft store was a little nerve racking... But, I decided that it couldn't be THAT bad! So, first we went to Walmart. James took the boys while I got the things that I needed. When I called him on his cell phone to tell him I was ready to check out he informed me that Carter had had an accident... (Carter has never had an accident!) & that he was in the under ware department getting new under ware for Carter... Seems as though he might be getting the flu like McKay because he had a sour stomach... So, we got that taken care of and checked out. James at this point was a little frazzled! When we were on our way to Hobby Lobby James decided that he had something he was going to take back to Cal-Ranch - So, he dropped me and Carter off at Hobby Lobby and He, McKay and Cannon went to Cal-Ranch. He called me as he was pulling into Hobby Lobby and I told him I wasn't done and to go ahead and come in. Now, he was starting to get a little more frazzled because there are two places he doesn't like to be with me at - 1) Target & 2) A craft store! I think he was hoping that I would have been done by the time he came back to get me! At this point I was really thinking that he had wished that he had stayed home! Carter was starting to get frustrated and crying & I could see that my time was short and was trying to hurry & McKay is starting to tell me he doesn't feel good again! So, I decided it wasn't worth it and we head up to check out. At this point Carter really starts to have a melt down. So, I tell James that I will pay if he wants to take the boys and load up. So, I pay & when I walk out of the store he is pulled up to the door waiting and I get in the car and we pull of. As I was checking out I had bought him a bag of peanut M&M's (his favorite treat) thinking it would make him a little happier! I was trying my best to cheer him up a little bit! So, we were almost half way home when McKay wants to see what James was eating. James turned the car lights on so that I could show McKay............... And just as I am turning back around and as James turns the lights back off I notice that Cannon's car seat is not in the base (he is still in an infant car seat) which means we DON'T HAVE CANNON!!! I just started screaming for James to turn the lights back on hoping I had just imagined something. But, sure enough he wasn't there. James screamed a few choice words and flipped around and started driving as fast as he could - running stop signs, red lights, swerving in and out of traffic... It was seriously the WORST feeling EVER! We could not get there fast enough - The boys realized what had happened and McKay was bawling.... and of course I was just thinking the worst! When James had come back from Cal-Ranch he had parked right in front of the store. So, when he took the boys out to load them up he had pushed the cart up to the front of the car and had left it there on the side walk while he loaded up McKay & Carter. But, after he loaded Carter up he walked around the back of the car - not seeing Cannon - and got in the car and pulled up to the other door where I came out - and couldn't see Cannon because he was back by the other door - and off we went... I am Soooooooooooo very grateful for the lady who was standing in line behind me and had seen us with our boys - she went out the other door a couple minutes after me and saw Cannon sitting there in his car seat in the cart. She was sweet enough to take him back into the store and stay with him until we went flying back into the store! I held him for quite awhile when we got home - until he was so tired and begging to be put down to go to sleep. Poor little man was only asleep for about a half hour when he woke up throwing up... Now he has the flu too - what a rough night for him! I am Truly grateful that the Lord watched over my little family tonight!

No comments: