Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm Learning...


  • I'm Learning... that it really is worth taking 5 kids out to lunch with you as long as you get to have a fabulous visit with your cousin!

  • I'm Learning... that if you tell your children that they don't get ice cream for dessert until their dinner is gone - they will eat their dinner all gone even if it takes them an hour to do it! AND, it doesn't hurt them to eat it cold!

  • I'm Learning... that you should never take someone for granted.

  • I'm Learning... that my children rather have me read to them than watch a movie.

  • I'm Learning... that even though I don't like buzz haircuts - it is nice I don't have to worry about McKay's hair in the morning!

  • I'm Learning... that a complete stranger can make a little kids day! James took McKay skiing on Saturday to Snow Basin. It was the first time they had been there and didn't know the mountain very well... Needless to say James accidentally ended up taking McKay down a couple black diamonds... But, all McKay could talk about when he got home was the guy who stopped to cheer "Good job little dude... you rock" - as McKay went over the moguls!

  • I'm Learning... that if you treat your husband like the love of your life he treats you the same!

  • I'm Learning... that there are some people out there that you can't kill with kindness - they're just too mean!

  • I'm Learning... that no matter how old you get your parents still want to take care of you & your brothers still want to protect you!

  • I'm Learning... that miles truly can't separate you from a friend!

  • I'm Learning... that there are a lot of things out there that I can do that I thought I couldn't! I start Hunters Safety on Tuesday - I want to shoot my first elk this fall!! I just heard a couple jaws drop! I'm still trying to talk myself into the marathon!

  • I'm Learning... that there really are people out there who go out of their way to try & make you feel bad... and it's ok to not need them in your life.

  • I'm Learning... that if you take a minute to sit still on the floor three little boys will be in your lap in no time!

  • I'm Learning... that if you sit down and genuinely ask your 6-year-old how his day at school was - he will tell you!

  • I'm Learning... that the most important thing you can do as a mother is pray.

  • I'm Learning... that there really isn't much that is worth getting upset over.

  • I'm Learning... that the extra mess of letting your kids help you cook is worth it.

  • I'm Learning... that no matter how much of a pain Lego's can be they are totally worth it when they entertain your kids for hours!

  • I'm Learning... that life is what YOU make of it.

  • I'm Learning... that I am a VERY blessed person & my Heavenly Father knows me better than I know myself.

1 comment:

Moalee said...

You are learning, and I'm proud of you.
Some people and things aren't worth the frustrations they bring.
You're learning that and a whole lot more.
Remember;
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
That's my new thought for the fridge. xoxox