Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's Gone....

He got to the point that he wouldn't let me take his pictures anymore because "I don't like my curls... they make me look like a girl"...

Carter's fetish for his Tye dye shirts (he has 6 of them!) is a story for another time...


Ok - So, I LOVED Carter's curls... However, Carter did not... Someone (who shall remain nameless! But, I will say that Grandma's can be tricky when they think something should be done & it wasn't my Mom!) told him that his curls made him look like a girl... Oh the stress that one little comment caused! He even went into the bathroom and attempted to cut them off - but just the ones around his ears! He would go into the bathroom seriously 2-3 times a day, plug the sink, draw cold water, get a comb & comb his curls until they laid flat! So, then he just looked like he had a totally crazy mullet! He would have to check his hair before we left the house to make sure it "looks perfect"! When he would wake up from his nap the first thing he would do would be to go and comb his hair! AND last Sunday he cried and cried before church because his hair was curling and he didn't want it too!
So, I was cutting McKay's hair and Carter literally started begging me to "please, please, please, please, please cut my hair so I don't have to look like a girl anymore"! Seriously, what do you say to that! And then Wayne (James' Dad) told him he would pay him $20 if he cut his hair... Which Carter is my little money man! He loves to earn money & truly understands the whole money concept... If you want him to do something just offer him money! So, after Wayne offered him $20 I knew that if I didn't cut it Carter would do it himself with his little craft scissors & that would be a total hack job! So, I finally did it. I tried to trick him and only cut off a little - But, then he grabbed the electric clippers and said "No, I want you to use these...". I truly shed a tear as his little golden locks fell to the ground. So, all that is left now of his curls is in a little bag in his memory book!

2 comments:

Moalee said...

My little buddy is growing up!!! I'm really really looking forward to him coming this week. xoxox

Rachel S. Smith said...

I'm proud of you Erin! You work well under stress! His curls were adorable, but now he looks like an older, wiser, little man!