Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 6...

Day 6 of sick kids... McKay is pretty much over it - just a little warn out. Carter still has "deeareeah" (his pronunciation for diarrhea) and Cannon is still throwing up, has the before mentioned "deeareeah" (that's what we're all calling it around here now!) and the poor baby is cutting his one year molars too...... he is one miserable little man. He officially threw up on me for the 12th time today... Which always entails a full change of clothes for both him and I. I have my 13th load of laundry in - and paid McKay $1 for his help in putting all the boys clothes away! Thank goodness for cheap labor! Carter is all about money - But, when he tried to charge me $5 to put their socks away I told him to forget it!!!

Brett (James' youngest brother who is not married and therefore does not have any kids!) has a whole new appreciation for mothers... He had never seen a child throw up before! So, He was in complete shock when he witnessed Cannon throwing up on me - It was hilarious to watch his reaction! For a second I didn't know if he was going to pass out or start throwing up too! He also witnessed me having to put some cream on Carters bum from it being sore from the "deeareeah" - he quickly just left the room on that one! Oh the glamorous job of being a mother!!!

I am however VERY grateful to my sweet Father & Mother-in-law who kicked James and I out the door last night for a date! It was much appreciated! The best part was when we were leaving and Wayne said to James - "Take her where ever she wants to go and let her do whatever she wants to do"! I love that man! But, I love James even more for doing it!!!

THEN James was sweet enough today to offer to take the boys so that I could take Becky (my Mother-in-law) with me to this quilt shop I had been dreaming about in Preston!!! We had passed it a couple times on our trips to and from Idaho Falls... But, quilt shop with a husband and three kids......... yeah, that doesn't even sound like fun! I really had been day dreaming about it though! I had even looked it up online and found that they had a website - and that they carried a lot of my favorite brands... When James offered it was one of those moments where you run and throw your jeans and a hat on and get out the door before something can change his mind (like a child throwing up!). He was smart enough to give me a 2 hour time allotment! I had to be back 2 hours from the time I left the house! But, it was worth it! Seriously when Becky and I walked in we just stood in the door way for a minute and took it all in and then just looked at each other and smiled - My kids NEVER get McDonald's - I hate McDonald's... But, on the very very rare occasion that they do get it they are soooooooo excited! That's kinda how I felt at the quilt shop!!!

When we came home all kids and husband were well! I did find McKay in the kitchen - "Look Mom I am making my own lunch"!!!! It was a hearty meal of Coco puffs and rainbow sherbet ice cream!!! It's one of those times when you just don't even say anything because you are just happy you got to go!!! Cannon hadn't thrown up since last night - But, as soon as I picked him up he lost it all over me... Glad he waited for his Mom to get home or it might be a really long time before James lets me do that again!

3 comments:

mstokes said...

Sick kids stinks! Literally! Hang in there!

Moalee said...

I'm still waiting for pictures!!!!!!

Angie said...

My heart goes out to you...that is tough especially when it lasts so long. Hope everyone feels better soon.