Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Zion's National Park

On our way to Emerald Pool



We saw 17 Deer



Mr. Turley would you please wash my mirrors!

The best way to ride - On Grandpa's lap!


Anyone missing some Doritos???







My parents are here visiting and I took McKay out of school for a day and we headed off to Zion's. It was absolutely beautiful. It was a cooler day and a little bit overcast, but still absolutely amazing. I thought that I had thought of everything to pack... a picnic & plenty of snacks to last us the day, thermos of hot water for Cannon's bottles, clothes for warm weather, coats and hats in case it was too cold, and jackets in case it was just right, an extra pair of shoes and socs in case the boys got their feet wet, an extra pair of pants and underwear in case Carter had an accident... you name it I thought I had thought of it! However, before we even got into the park McKay got his pants all wet... that was one thing I didn't think of - a change of pants for McKay... So, we had to go to the next best thing we had... Carter's extra pants! He spent the day in a pair of 3T pants that we couldn't even get done up!!! Everyone kind of looked at him funny - I'm sure wondering what Mother would ever let her kid out of the house dressed like that! However, he didn't care and it didn't stop him from having a great day with his Grandparents!



3 comments:

Jimmy, Cassie and Family said...

I forget how pretty it is up there. I guess it's time for a return trip.

Jennifer Payne said...

I am so happy that you have your parents there! The boys are just so handsome, and you have never looked prettier!

Janan said...

It is so fun to see what your parents look like!! Can I say, you haven't aged a bit since freshman year at BYU-H!! Looks like LOTS of fun!!