Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fast & Easy Apron






So, I got tired of getting McKay dressed for the day and then having to have him change his shirt before he went out the door for school... It was always a little dirty from lunch or brushing his teeth or something! And I just can't handle a little bit of dirty when he is going to school! I was at the Dollar Store the other day when I saw these really cute Halloween dish towels and had a thought... Aprons! I came home and totally just made it up as I went - But, I think that they turned out pretty cute! AND he doesn't mind wearing an apron that has skeletons on it! I made one for Carter too... But, he wasn't feeling very photogenic at the time of the picture taking!
I took a couple pictures of the process. I started by folding the top of the towel down until I reached the desired length that I wanted. Then I folded the sides in until I got the desired width I wanted. I threaded the ribbon up through the folds and sewed it into place. Leaving the ribbon long enough to tie in the back! See, nice and easy!
*** With Carters I cut the ribbon where it attached at the neck and sewed Velcro on the back of the apron and on the ribbon to make the neck adjustable. I Like this much better and will do this on anymore that I make in the future.

No comments: