Saturday, August 22, 2009

Yummy Slush


So, I was having a hard time deciding what to take around to our new neighbors. They have been so welcoming and helpful and I wanted to give them a little thank you! When it is over 100 degrees outside cookies just don't sound that good! So, I made them slush! This is my favorite slush recipe. It's a hand me down recipe - from my aunt Susan to my cousin Megan to me! So, it's a true family favorite! I had some people ask for the recipe so here it is!
1 Big Can Pineapple Juice
5-6 Smashed Bananas
1/2 Can Orange Juice Concentrate
1/2 Cup Lemon Juice
4 Cups Sugar
4 Cups Warm Water
Mix the 4 Cups sugar and 4 Cups warm water and let sit and dissolve. While the water and sugar are setting blend the bananas in a blender - I add some of the pineapple juice to help them blend better. Once the sugar is dissolved add the remaining ingredients in and mix it well! It's really simple! I usually make a double batch because then I can just use one whole can of orange juice concentrate! And then I have a really good supply of it in the freezer! Mix the slush with 7-Up and enjoy! I usually just spoon it into a glass and enjoy it as we want it - you don't have to mix it all up at once. I have frozen it in freezer bags, tupper ware or ice cube trays - they all work well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a recipient of this yummy treat I say 'thank you!" It was so good..but next time, I would like to use your fancy glasses and an umbrella, I am sure they will taste even better with that in it!

Keri said...

Erin,
You always have the cutest ideas.
What a fun neighbor treet on a
hot summer day. I wish we could
be neighbors again. I miss you!
This recipe looks so delicious...
We will be trying it for sure.