Tuesday, August 11, 2009

4th of July

4 th of July picnic at Jason and Amy's with the cousins
Tyson and Carter watching Ants crawl all over the rock! The little things!
Sending bottle rockets into the canal!
After the bottle rockets they moved on to black cats!
Carter was content to just sit and watch as long as he had a bag of Cheetos!

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays! I seriously look forward to it all year long. But, with Travis in the hospital none of us really felt like doing the huge celebration that we usually do. What we did want to do was just be together as a family. A couple days before the 4th my brother Jason along with my Dad took the boys up to Alpine to pick out fireworks! McKay thought he had seriously hit the jackpot when Jason handed him a $20 bill all of his own! I have to admit that the Wall family doesn't have very much self control when it comes to fireworks! We all love them and don't have a problem spending money on them! My Dad would take us to Alpine when we were little and we would always stock up on fireworks! The Police department has had to come to my parents house on more than one occasion... and the funny thing is that it has been my Dad doing them! So, I seriously about died when I walked over to check on McKay and found him sending bottle rockets into the little canal in front of Jason and Amy's house! They had figured out that they still blew up under water and thought that it was great! I would blame it on him being a "Boy" but, I have to admit that I was intrigued and got in on the action too!




No comments: