Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our Turn!





One day when I was going like crazy on fertility treatments to get pregnant with McKay I just happened to be at Target... having one of "those" days where it just felt like it wasn't going to happen. I remember watching a young mother there with her two little kids picking out their school supplies. I still remember it so vividly and remember leaving Target in tears and as I walked out asking Heavenly Father in my heart "when will it be my turn"? I know to some it might sound a little crazy - But, since then picking out school supplies was one of those monumental milestones that I couldn't wait to do! It was finally my turn! So, as we were back in Idaho Falls again last week McKay and I went on a special date back to Target to have our turn! He was most excited about getting to pick out his new Bumblebee backpack! There were a couple other Moms there that looked at me a little funny as I took pictures of my son picking out his box of Kleenex's... But, I didn't care because it was finally my turn!!!
We went to his new school on Monday to get him all registered and I am embarrassed to admit that I got a little teared up! The sweet secretary asked me if I was ok... I informed her that I was and that I was just one of "those" moms! When McKay quickly informed her "She is just having a little bit of drama... But, she will make it... right Mom"!?!?!? I love this little man so much! He is so excited for Thursday to come and to be able to ride the bus... I on the other hand start to hyperventilate every time I think about it! But, I will make it!




1 comment:

Janan said...

So cute! Isn't it funny how those little things become so important. I love it! You little guy sounds way fun and cute!