Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Couple Projects


I found this little desk at the DI! This is what it looks like after I painted it and added the cute little handles! I paid way more for the handles then I did the desk and the paint! But, I think that they really make it! This desk will go in the boy's room... I'm going to hang clipboards above it for them to display their drawings that they are constantly trying to tape on my wall's! 


This cute little bench that I found at a thrift shop will go in Cannon's room. I haven't had time yet to find cute fabric to make a pad for it. But, I envision a cute little mustache pillow and a zigzag pillow to go on it too! I have a fun vintage wire basket that I am going to hang above it with all of his favorite books... 


And this beauty will sit under the bench with Cannon's little dress up's stored in it! Yes, little boys do dress up! They just dress up as Spiderman & Buzz Lightyear! Something that Santa Clause might be bringing him for Christmas this year! Mrs. Clause knew that he had a really cute little suitcase he could put them in! Funny how that works! 

I have heard over and over again that it must be so much fun to buy all new things... First, I have bitter-sweet feelings about that... You loose all of your precious things and see how you feel about it! Second, I like old things! Vintage things! Yes, you can go out and buy new couches and dishes... But, these are the things that can be hard to find and take years to build up... So, slowly but surely things are coming together! 

1 comment:

Moalee said...

Good job on the desk I like the color and how it turned out. xoxox