Monday, November 7, 2011

Coming Out Of The Haze...










It truly feels as if we are starting to come out of the haze. It has been a little more than three months since the fire and life is starting to feel a little normal again. Well, whatever our new normal is... When something like this happens to you it forever changes your life. So, we are adjusting to our new normal. Some days we do better than others... But, we are starting to have way more good days than bad! I feel that throughout this journey I have been able to stay pretty positive. But, there are times that my emotions get the better of me. I am human after all. 

I get asked all the time if something is new... Why yes, everything is new right now! If it wasn't with me in the trailer at Redfish (when the fire happened) then it is new! The first week or so was rough with learning at in opportune times of things we needed... Like Carter waking up in the middle of the night with leg cramps & us having no medicine... We have had to make a few trips to Walmart in the middle of the night! Another trip was for a humidifier! Or it snowing really bad last week and McKay being in a panic when I didn't have snow boots for him to wear to school! He used to have a really nice pair of Sorrel's! I had to promise him I would have a pair to him before his first recess. And it just so happened that when I went to load Carter & Cannon up to go and get the boots is when I realized they no longer had winter coats! We have all of our rental furniture through the end of the month. So, I have been slowly but surely getting the furniture and household items bought. It's a process that we are working through! One day at a time...

I have so much to catch up on... Redfish pictures, McKay's Baptism, Lake Powell, Cannon breaking his hand, McKay winning the Pinewood Derby, Carter turning 5, Halloween... And in the mean time life goes on! I try to take it all in stride! 

We did enjoy a weekend with my parents visiting. Carter had spent a week with them in Idaho and they brought him home and spent a few days with us for his Birthday. It's always wonderful to have them here. Cannon had spent a week with them while we were in Lake Powell & he was especially excited to see them. The boys had taken a tire out of our neighbors garbage pile & leave it to my Dad to put it to good use! It might be true that every little boy needs a tire swing! 

1 comment:

Moalee said...

It was a very fun weekend...I want the warm weather back! Love you