Saturday, October 9, 2010

Special Date Night




James & McKay left Friday to go Moose hunting with Uncle Jason, Gavin, Noah & Grandpa. I knew that Carter was going to be heartbroken that he couldn't go... So, I asked him if he wanted to go on a special date with me... He said "If we go on a date that means you take me out to dinner and give me a kiss when you bring me home"! I guess that is probably what he sees when James & I go on a date! But, I wanted to make it extra special for him! So, I planned his favorite dinner & a movie & he didn't even care when McKay left to go hunting with his own box of Twinkies (McKay's FAVORITE treat)!


Carter has been asking for "dumplings" (he calls pot stickers "dumplings" because that's what they call them on Kung Fu Panda!) for a couple months! He loves them & LOVES the sauce to dip them in! So, I went to the store & bought him some "dumplings" to make for dinner. Aunt McKenzie was going to be gone for the night so we invited Crew to go to Toy Story 3 with us. I have to admit that the Toy Story movies aren't my favorite... But, it was the only kids movie playing in town! And, I knew that the boys would love it! But, what I LOVED so much was watching these two little boys as they watched the movie and laughed & giggled together! About half way through the movie they had both ended up on my lap cuddling together! And I have to admit that it was a really cute movie!


Thank you Melissa for watching Cannon so that I could make a special evening for Carter!

No comments: