Thursday, October 28, 2010

My Oldest...

McKay also known as, Mac, Big Mac, Mac Attack, Pudge, Bug & Turley... random I know! But, he answers to them all. I have to admit that when he was little I really didn't like people calling him "Mac"... Now, I call him that as much as anyone. Lately he has really been pulling at my heart strings... I don't know if it is because I see him growing and changing so much right before my eyes... But, I look at Cannon and I can soooo remember McKay that little & now he is so big! I had a total moment last night as we walked into the school together for his first parent teacher conference of the year... how did I get here so quickly! How can I already have a first grader... Because of his birthday being late we held him back... So, in all reality he could be a second grader! I kept telling myself that last night! Trying to make myself feel better that first grade wasn't all that bad! He of course is doing amazing. Top of his class in all areas! Ahead on reading! But, is a little bit of a jabber box! Ha! Ha! She didn't tell me anything I didn't know! I'm glad he is a jabber box because he jabbers to me all about his day and everything that is going on in his life! And I think that is very important! McKay likes school once he gets there... in the mornings it's always "Mom, can't I just stay home with you"! So, often times he is a little grouchy as we load up to go... I have found the cure for that is me singing Man In The Mirror (by the King of Pop himself) at the top of my lungs as we drive to school! By the time we get there he is laughing hysterically and he is off to a good day (and anyone who has passed us on our way has got a good laugh at the crazy lady rocking out to!). I'm proud of the little man he is becoming. He has never been mean a moment in his life... He likes to make up funny stories - but, when it counts he is always honest. I will full on admit that McKay has more energy then any person I know... and he can get pretty hyper at times... he has a true love for life & enjoys everything that he does. He is never grouchy, he is never cross... but, he can be a little bossy at times! Kids gravitate to him. As I drop him off at school and he gets out of the car they just start gravitating to him... I had lunch with him at school last week and I loved watching as they all came up to him & he is truly kind to all of them. We were out to lunch last Saturday at Golden Coral (it was Carter's Birthday and he got to pick!) when an little boy tripped and spilled his food everywhere... McKay was behind him and quickly picked the boy up and started brushing the food off of him... I was so proud of him! I am so proud of him. I love the confidence that he has and how gracious he is. He can be quite persistent.... or maybe really persistent at times! But, it is good because he never gives up. He knows that we prayed so hard for him and I think it gives him a special confidence that is hard to explain... he just gets it. He is my son, but he is truly my friend & I love him so very much.

1 comment:

Moalee said...

first parent teacher conference-------hate to tell you but high school graduation is right aroud the corner!!!! After all how did MY baby get old enoug to have a first grader?!?! Love each moment of it, good and bad it goes tooooo fast. xoxo Mom