Monday, October 25, 2010

Carter's Buck




Hunting is a way of life for us Wall/Turley's! I was raised with it & James was raised with it. I was the crazy girl at school each fall with dead animals hanging in her tree's at home! I was always grateful when my Dad chose to hang the animals in the shed or the garage... but, if it was a big elk then it usually went in the tree - And I started getting funny looks at school!!!
When I was pregnant with Carter and was on bed rest Wayne & Becky came and stayed with us to help out. Wayne had a deer tag and took McKay with him to get a little buck. The antlers were mounted and hang in the boys room... (yes, I let them hang antlers in their room!). But, Carter has always wanted a set of his very own! They are the coveted possession! So, when Wayne shot this buck - Carter was very quick to ask for the antlers! And Grandpa was very quick to give them to him!
After pictures were done and we were back in the house Wayne came in yelling for me... Look back at the pictures... See those little black dots on the deer's face... those just so happen to be ticks!!! AND my boys had just been crawling all over that deer! I can handle the dead animals hanging in the tree - but, ticks I CANNOT handle! They were quickly stripped down and thrown into the tub! Luckily we were safe!



1 comment:

Sherelle said...

Such cute boys! Glad they love hunting too! It's always been a part of my life as well! You wouldn't believe the nasty emails I get though when I post the hunting and fishing photos...people go crazy and tell me how cruel I am, and that I am teaching my son to LOVE to kill. Give me a break...every time they go to McDonalds and order a cheeseburger, they are killing an animal as well. How is it any different? Glad to see you posted these! I can't believe how much your baby has grown- he's not really a baby anymore!