Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Carter













With October comes Carter's Birthday! By fall he has waited through his brothers & his cousins birthday's and he is always really excited! This year we had a little birthday party & invited neighbors & cousins & had a movie night. We put Karate Kid up on the wall & had all the fixin's of a movie theater. A few minutes before all the kiddo's arrived I decided I wanted a couple pictures of him and we walked out back & snapped a couple photo's.
My sister-in-law, Kristin told me after seeing the pictures that Carter looks like my step child! That I am so dark & he is so blond! When I have been out running errands with him I have had people ask me if he is adopted! Or, I get "He must look a lot like his father... because he looks nothing like you"! I got used to my children looking nothing like me a long time a go!!! Even Cannon who looks so much more Wall - looks like my brother, Jason & not me!
Things I don't want to forget about Carter at 4:
1. He still hums when he is waking up - he has done it since he was a baby and I absolutely love it!
2. He likes to be "in charge" of something... it doesn't matter what it is big or small if you put him in charge of it he is all over it!
3. He is a very hard worker. He loves to do jobs and work - no matter what it is. His favorite job is cleaning the toilets!
4. when our kids are sick they get to sleep with me... it's quite often that Carter fakes sick just so that he can!
5. He LOVES boiled egg's! You will walk into the kitchen & you can't see him because he is smaller than the bar - but, you can hear him cracking his egg against the cupboards & peeling it in to the garbage.
6. Carter eats with a dish rag... he hates a mess (yes, we know where he got it from!). So, if he dribbles anything he has his dish rag to wipe it up!
7. Carter washes his shoes! He doesn't like dirty shoes! After playing outside he will come into the house & climb up on the bar & wash his shoes in the sink!
8. He loves a meat and cheese sandwich without the cheese... & he loves a peanut butter & jelly sandwich without the peanut butter!
9. Carter is VERY good at obeying the family rules... and has a very hard time when others don't... especially those who are not in our family!
10. He always wears his under ware backwards! And I have to admit that I love his little bum cheeks hanging out the back!
11. Carter loves rope... he is always tying knots & tying things up.
12. He loves to sing and has many of the Primary songs memorized & will start singing them where ever we are...
13. He loves to cuddle and have his back scratched.
14. He has a love/hate relationship with his hair... some days he loves it & some days he wants me to cut it off... and I just can't bring myself to do that!
15. Carter loves to color, draw & do school work. He loves to learn.
16. He has a total attitude... but, it's a farce! He is truly the most sensitive little sole I have ever met!
Carter has such a captivating little personality... when he talks he is so expressive that it just holds your attention! He is such a true friend to his brothers & loves them so much. He loves to do what ever I am doing - if I am cleaning he helps, if I am cooking he helps, if I am folding laundry... he helps. He brings us so much joy and happiness to our lives - I am truly so grateful that he is my little man!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Great pictures. What a backyard! Love that you write the things he is doing and loves at his age now.

Moalee said...

I just plain love this little man and miss him so much. We really enjoyed our week together. Great pictures I'll down load them all . xoxo Mom
I love his laugh when he thinks he's played a trick on you.

mstokes said...

He is the funniest man I know! Great pictures, they capture him well.