Thursday, March 5, 2009

That Smile...

McKay is at the age that when I tell him to smile for a picture I get the forced awkward smile... I love it when I get a picture of him with his REAL smile - the one that melts my heart... the one that makes you smile back...


We left last Friday for a quick trip to Idaho Falls. I had my 6 week appointment with my OB... everything was good - So, now James has to release my treadmill from being held hostage! He took it apart so I couldn't exercise before I was supposed to! We went to Idaho Falls thinking we were only staying until Sunday, but ended up staying until Tuesday! It was nice to see family and everyone enjoyed getting to mug on Cannon. The highlight of the trip for me was that my parents watched the boys for us Friday night so that James and I could go on a date! We went out to dinner and then he took me to the mall and told me to splurge a little and spend some money on myself!!! You have to understand that my husband HATES the mall - So, it was a real sweet surprise! I looked in almost every store and couldn't find much that I liked... that always happens when you have money to spend! Plus, I need to lose the baby weight before I splurge on clothes! So, I went to the store that never fails me - Victoria's Secret... No, not for THAT kind of stuff!!! I LOVE their "Pink" clothes and all of their lotions and body care products! So, thanks James for the shopping spree it was a lot of fun! - And Thanks Mom and Dad for watching the boys!


My Sister-in-law Kristen called yesterday and invited me to take a class with her and her friends on Wednesday afternoons about Jesus and His Life in the New Testament. At first I wasn't sure how it was going to work... But, my Husband was fabulous once again and told me that he would be home on Wednesday afternoons so that I could go and do it! So, I went yesterday to the first class and LOVED it! I get so caught up in the day to day stuff that it is really nice to take the time to truly study our Savior and His life. It's something that I really needed to do and am grateful for a Husband who thinks it's as important for me to do it as I do.


Well, I got up and put my work out clothes on first thing... it's almost noon and I am finally going to go get on that treadmill!

No comments: