Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Boise





When I was growing up I used to dream about my trips to Boise to stay with my Grandparents. I used to go every summer and no matter how long I stayed I never wanted to leave! We went to Boise this last weekend to help my parents work in my Grandparents yard and to let them spend some time with the boys. When we went to leave on Sunday McKay started to cry... he didn't want to leave either! As I sat and held him and explained to him that we had to go I totaly felt his pain! Even as an adult with a family of my own I still didn't want to leave either! Infact, I started to cry as we pulled away and my Grandpa stood on the driveway and waved as we made our way down Golse Drive.
I love my Grandparents for all of my summer memories, that you still hold hands, for my Grandpa taking me for doughnuts, I love the smell of your house, I love Grandma's phone calls (I still have a message on my machine from her that I refuse to delete!) I love that root beer floats cure a sore tummy, I love my quilts that Grandma has made for me - I still have everyone, I love Grandpa's hugs, I love your back patio, I love your surprise letters in the mail, I love the chime of your clock, I love the sound of your front door opening, I love the way my Grandpa teases my Grandma... even though she might not always!, I love that they have taught their family traditions, I love that my Grandpa always answers the phone when you call, I love that they have always made me feel so very special and now they do the same for my boys!
We had a fabulous weekend filled with work, playing at the park, playing baseball with McKay in the street, Chuck E Cheese (McKay has been begging to go for 2 years and we finally went with Grandma!) Carter playing in the puddles after the rain, Bike rides, yummy food, Carter crawling in bed in the morning with Great Grandma and Grandpa, McKay learning the importance of helping family and good company. We used to go every spring and help my Great Grandma get her yard ready and plant her Garden - I have fabulous memories of her because of it - I think we might have a new family tradition!



No comments: