Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Devil Wears Brown....

The Devil wears brown and disguises himself as an innocent little girl sitting by herself outside Walmart in the freezing cold... Yes, it's that lovely time of year again when Girls Scouts are out in an abundance trying to tempt you! But, it's also that lovely time when I am trying to lose the baby weight.... So, As I went to Walmart I walked right by that sweet looking girl and just kept telling myself I would have to run an extra hour on the treadmill and to have some self control!!! I made it in and out of the store without succumbing and was so proud of myself as I drove home!!! The next day (Saturday) James was out running errands and ran into Walmart to pick up a couple things I needed... I didn't even think to warn the poor guy... and he is the biggest sucker for any child selling anything! When he got home he was so excited to show me the treat he had got for "US" and I just screamed when he pulled them out of the sack! He bought three boxes... The devil works in mysterious ways and blindsides you when you are expecting it the least!!! I was grateful that my Mother-in-law was staying with us for a couple days to help get rid of the temptation - I have also been force feeding them to my children telling them that they can have a treat after they eat 4 girl scout cookies!!! Today James had to go to Logan and I was able to send the last sleeve of cookies out the door with him... The temptation has finally passed and life can get back to normal!

3 comments:

mstokes said...

I've been trying to find those everywhere. I even bid on ebay! So I guess I'll be thankful that I don't have 3 boxes calling my name from the cupboard!

Keri said...

I agree about the Devil and Brown.
You have stronger will power than
I do...I ate an entire box of
Samoas by myself!!!uuuggghhh!
Now I am paying for it. Time
to do some ab crunches :0)
It's a good thing they only sell
them once a year or I'd be toast.

Edwards Family said...

Like Keri said good thing they only sell them once a year. I had good self control and did not buy any and I have a husband that is WAY to frugal and is not about to buy a box of cookies that last 2 min. Your baby is beautiful. Your boys are so grown up. Take care. Miss ya Steph