Tuesday, February 24, 2009

75 Things...

Every year I make a list of my likes and dislikes and that of my family. I usually get them out every spring and read them - it's fun to see what is the same and what is different. I saw on my cousin Melissa's blog that she had put a list of 75 things about her - I thought it was fun to read and it has motivated me to make mine and my families lists again. So, here are my 75:

1. I love to watch my children sleep
2. I love it when McKay calls me sweetheart
3. I think a dandelion is one of the greatest gifts your children can give you
4. I love to sleep in - however, with three children it doesn't happen very often!
5. I love to take bubble baths
6. My toe nails are always painted
7. I love it when Carter crawls into bed and cuddles with me in the morning & I love it when he asks me to lay down with him at night!
8. Pink is my favorite color
9. I am a homebody
10. I have to have a blanket when I am sitting on the couch watching TV or in the car when I travel
11. I love fresh flowers
12. I seldom eat breakfast
13. I love Mondays
14. I can't stand grocery shopping - James does it for me!
15. I talk to my Mom everyday
16. I love to open the blinds in the morning and let the light in
17. I love anything that glitters!
18. I wished I played the piano - So, my children will!!!
19. I have a fetish for pajama bottoms
20. I love to go out to dinner
21. I love to plan my children's Birthdays
22. I love it when Cannon is fussing for James and when I take him he stops!
23. I love a clean car
24. Oreo's are not safe in this house!
25. I'm not a romantic...
26. I love to mow the lawn - I love the smell of fresh cut grass
27. I LOVE the beach - any beach! But, I especially love sitting on the beach at Redfish lake with my family - swapping magazines with the girls and sharing treats with the kids - while Trevor makes amazing sand castles with the kids and Travis has the boat out!
28. I love the fair... the food, the animals, the Indian Horse Races... all of it!
29. I can't stand crowds! Funny that I like the fair though!
30. I have a major weakness for scones and Carmel apples!
31. My husband is my best friend
32. I LOVE to camp - there is nothing like sitting around a campfire with your family.
33. I have to have chap stick, lip gloss or Mentholatum on my lips... I can't stand dry lips
34. I love baseball - I will be sad if my boys don't!
35. I love the 4th of July
36. I love Kenny Rogers! I was raised listening to him with my Dad and I love him! Have him in the CD player in the car right now!
37. I'm always up for a good game of Dare!
38. I miss Carson and Lacey
39. I have a weakness for purses, shoes, clothes and jewelry! It drives my husband crazy! He thinks you only need one of each and they should last you for 10 years minimum!
40. I can't stand it when people ask me if I have red in my hair - I don't! - Or, I don't want to!
41. I love to dip crunchy Cheetos in strawberry yogurt... something I started in college!
42. I drive a Toyota Sienna minivan and LOVE it! I swore I would never drive a minivan!
43. I love to look at magazines
44. I can't sing to save my life! My children are very forgiving!
45. I secretly like President Obama - I just heard all the gasps from my family!
46. I love living in Utah
47. I love Cherry Hill as much as McKay does
48. I love Mexican food
49. I cry when my Mom leaves from visiting us!
50. I love to cut my kids finger nails!
51. I love that my Grandma and Grandpa hold hands!
52. I love the smell of my Grandma's house - I think we all do!
53. I love it when people tell me that Cannon smells like me!
54. James and the boys got me a fancy IPOD last Mother's day and It's still in it's case... I am very technically challenged. Maybe this year he can figure it out for me!
55. I make lists for everything - I make lists of lists I need to make!
56. I love to plant flowers in the spring - But, I hate to water them during the summer! I pay McKay!
57. I love anything to do with paper and creating
58. I wish I was a professional photographer!
59. I love the reality show True Beauty
60. I am very OCD about keeping a clean house....
61. I am obsessed with food storage
62. It scares me to leave the country! I wish I was more like my cousins and dared to travel the world!
63. I am proud of my husband for being such a fabulous father
64. I LOVE TARGET!
65. I can't stand it when my kids get dirty - something I'm working on letting go since I am a mother of boys!
66. I have a major fear of earwigs, scorpions and ET!!!
67. I love summer nights
68. I love pictures
69. I love it when people don't know what Carter is saying but I do! I love being the Mother that knows!
70. I love it when McKay and Carter sing the song from Old Yeller
71. I love having a baby sleep on my chest
72. My favorite Maggie Moo's ice cream is cheesecake with snickers and strawberries mixed in!
73. My husband makes me laugh more than anyone!
74. I love it when my kids are fresh out of the bath
75. I love my life - I am truly blessed!
76. I love my husband
77. I love my husband
78. I love my husband
79. I love my husband
80. Yes, my husband is standing over my shoulder right now reading what I am willingly typing!

5 comments:

Megan Anderson said...

"True Beauty" I would of never guessed you watch this. But I am glad others like to watch a little trashy TV too!!

mstokes said...

SUper fun to read this! Thanks for posting it. I never knew that we had so much in common. Oroe, True Beauty, Fresh Flowers, glitter, pink!

Kimberly Davis said...

I loved this...your so amazing! Wes is behind me saying he loves James to....men!

Keri said...

I so want to be more like
you when I grow up.
You are the most
amazing mother ever.
and your boys....Adorable!
Love the song and your blog.
It was fun reading this post.
I hope someday I can visit you
in Utah and we can go get a
pedicure and do some crafts!
I miss you. Keri

Moalee said...

I love watching you loving being a mom! I love you. Mom