Thursday, August 19, 2010

Turley Brother Exterminators!








James Seriously won't take his eyes off of the snake even after it is dead! Tyler is about ready to crawl out of his skin & Wade (the family hunter!) is just sooo excited that he got to kill something without having to draw a tag or go to Alaska or Africa!
So, we were packing up the trailer to go to Redfish & James went out to the patio to get a wrench that he had left on the grill... When he lifted the cover off of the grill a Rattle snake was coiled up less than a foot away from his ankle & he was wearing shorts & flip flops!!! He seriously came running around the side of the house yelling for me! It was one of those yells that you quickly do a run down of the location of all of your children! Carter & Cannon were asleep and McKay had just left me to go in the house... But, I could tell by his tone that something was wrong! So, after he calmed down (the Turley Boy's don't like snakes ESPECIALLY rattle snakes!) enough to tell me what was wrong - I sent him in the house to change! We couldn't get rid of a rattle snake with him in shorts and flip flops! So, I sat on the back patio ALONE with the snake and used a big stick to keep him there... James changed & called in the reinforcements! It's moments like this that you are REALLY glad that your brothers only live a couple minutes away! Yes, they killed the snake... it was in my children"s sand box! I really wasn't too keen on the idea of Cannon playing in the sand box with a rattle snake! Call me crazy!

I swear these boys secretly love this kind of thing! They are also very good at removing wild kittens from basements & baby raccoons from chimneys! James is current on his tetanus shot due to a few wild animal removals!

We did have a "professional" snake guy come the next day! He said that there weren't any signs of any other snakes! Thank Goodness! However, I am still a little freaked out about letting my children play outside! They are used to running the hills wild! Now, Mom has to do snake checks!

1 comment:

Angie said...

That is so crazy and frightening. You are so brave to make the 'snake' checks! Glad no one got hurt.