Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mr. Independent

1. Pour the milk
2. Open the chocolate milk
3. Add powder to milk
4. Stir
5. Taste
6. Add a little more!

Carter wanted to show me that he could make his morning chocolate milk all by himself! He hates a mess as much as I do... so I let him have a try at it! I'm one of those Mom's that has a certain way I like things done... I have really tried to step back & start to let the boys do things for themselves. It doesn't matter if it isn't exactly the way I would have done it - it's rewarding for them to be able to do it their own way. I don't want them to get older and feel like they can't do something because their mother isn't there to show them how to do it... I want them to have the confidence to figure it out themselves!

1 comment:

Rachel S. Smith said...

Yummy! What s good mom! The hardest thing is stepping back to let them do things, there is always mess and spills. I have still not mastered "letting go". Haha. Miss this kid.