Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Greatest Day Of Carter's Life




The drive way... he is not allowed to ride his bike down it! I told him if I ever saw him do it I would take his bike back to Walmart & give it to another little boy!
Ever since the spring when Walmart put their bikes out in front of the store Carter has wanted this one particular bike... He has asked for it EVERY TIME we have passed it. Often times we would have to stop before we passed and he would sit on it! The only problem being we have a major inclined driveway & with him being the daredevil that he is I just saw "broken bones" all over that bike! When we went to Redfish and all of his cousins his age had "big boy bikes" and not big wheelers it made him want it even more! Then one afternoon I watched as he & McKay rode their bikes down to the neighbors to play... it really was sad to watch him try and ride his three wheeler and keep up with the kids! So, I gave in! We didn't tell him where we were going... but, we totally let McKay in on the secret! As we pulled up to Walmart the bikes that had been out in front the day before were gone... I admit that I panicked for a minute! When we walked up to the bikes Carter had to climb clear in the back to track it down - but, he found it! We let McKay tell him the surprise & I was so touched to see how excited McKay was for Carter! Carter was sooooo excited that he literally started to shake!

Carter has been wanting cleats for months... McKay has them for soccer and baseball & Carter wants a pair BAD! But, it is hard to find a little pair his size! Well, that morning we found him a pair & you can see in the pictures he has them on! Between the cleats & the bike I truly think that it was the greatest day of Carter's life!

1 comment:

Moalee said...

I took Carter to walmart with me when he was here and that's the same bike he zeroed in on that day!
I love this little man he makes me happy. Love you Mom