Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dawn vs. Grandma's Secret Spot Remover...


While we were at Redfish I was in charge of breakfast one morning with Amy. I have to admit that we made the BEST breakfast sandwiches! But, I was wearing my favorite sweatsuit... and the grease that was dripping from the griddle splattered on my legs & shoes... Amy being so sweet and my lifesaver as she usually is came home and googled grease stains & I quickly had a solution: DAWN!!! It works people!!! James got motor oil on a pair of pants & Dawn got it out! McKay was riding on the front of the cart in the Walmart parking lot and fell off into a grimy grease puddle and was covered from head to toe & Dawn got it all out!!! My boys were wearing their new socs camping this weekend... & came home with them thick from dirt and Dawn made them sparkly clean again! With James & McKay's clothes I put the dawn right on the stain and rubbed it in and let it sit for a day. Then you soak it in hot water that you have added more dawn to. Every couple hours I would go in and rub the fabric together with my hands. I let the clothes soak for a couple days - working the fabric with my hands a couple times a day. With the socs I got them wet... put Dawn right on the dirty mess and worked it to a lather with my hands. I worked them pretty hard until I got all of the dirt out. I still let them soak in hot water for the rest of the day & there is no sign of the dirt! I can't stand dirty socs... kinda a pet peeve! I was sure I was just going to have to throw them away! But no - they look brand new again! I LOVE Zout to! I use it on just about everything else.

Now, on to Grandma's Secret Spot Remover... it is awful! I have tried it on quite a few things & haven't found one thing it does work on! It's called "Secret Spot Remover" for a reason... it is a complete secret as to what stains it works on! If you know I would love to know the secret!

I have three boys & a husband who likes to change the oil in his good clothes... So, stain removing is a major task on my job description!

No comments: