Friday, August 13, 2010

Magnet Board Makeover!

Earlier in the spring my Mother-in-law bought me this picture at the DI. I know what you are thinking... your Mother-in-law must not like you too much! But, I was seriously sooo excited. I had been looking for a big frame to make a magnet board for the boys room. I was tired of 1. their art pictures getting taped all over their bedroom walls & 2. all of McKay's ski stickers getting put on walls and furniture... So, While James & McKay were at scout camp for a week I loaded up Carter & Cannon and my picture and headed to Idaho to get my Dad's help!
I have always chosen Red's & blues for the boys room... So, I kinda took a risky leap for me and picked a green. But, I am really happy with how it turned out. As you can see I had another helper... who couldn't stop touching the wet paint!
And was enjoying his sugar cereal... because his Mom wont let him have it at home!
I had to laugh when my Dad asked me: "Are you going to paint it up and make it look nice? Or are you going to paint it up, beat the crap out of it & make it look like it went through the Teton Flood"? I like to distress my furniture and it drives him absolutely crazy!!! I once bought a brand new oak entertainment center... only to paint it black and distress it with chains!!! I thought he was going to die of heart failure when I did that one! But, I loved it!
The finished product! All ready for pictures and ski stickers!

2 comments:

Rachel S. Smith said...

I love it! Once again I am going to copy you and start looking at our DI for a really large ugly painting that is framed :). Thank you for being my inspiration for so many things!

Angie said...

Don't know how I missed this post but it just cracked me up listening to you talk about your dad and your distressing. Too funny!