Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today Was The Day...

Tear swollen eyes...




Today was the day that we were supposed to go & pick up McKay's baseball uniform. We were supposed to meet the coach at the baseball field at 5:30. McKay was beyond ecstatic! He had been counting down for 2 weeks! It just feels more real & official when you have a "professional" uniform. He woke up knowing that today was the day... it was the last thing he reminded me of as I dropped him off at school. And then I got an email from his coach saying they weren't ready... I knew he was going to be crushed... And he was! He cried & cried! He tried to pull it together... only to cry some more! It was so sad... I was trying all my tricks... A offer for a trip for ice cream didn't even snap him out of it. Then I saw one of Cannon's markers & I told McKay to close his eyes! As soon as he felt it on his face he started to laugh! (Drawing on yourself is strictly not allowed at this house! But, I was desperate!) He laughed even more when he saw it in the mirror & laughed even more when I let him draw the glasses on. It seems as though he is going to pull through his disappointment!!! But, what you do for one you pretty much have to do for 2 more around here... I currently have three little boys running around with all sorts of things drawn on their faces! I am really wondering how I am going to be able to go back to that strict rule of- no drawing on ourselves- that we had! O-well! It was worth it!

5 comments:

Jennifer Payne said...

See you are an amazing mom! So attentive to your kids and there for them! They will adore you forever!

Megan Anderson said...

Deep trouble, I think the marker rule will never be the same at the Turley's. Haha

Moalee said...

Mom's get to make and break the rules.....that's why they're Moms! And somehow children seem to understand. It's all in the learning and the teaching of life, and how they're loved. Good job Erin. I just wish you'd put all three little darlings in a picture. I love you. XOXO Mom

Angie said...

Love Moalee's comment about Mom's getting to make and break the rules...it's okay to do now that she said it. :) Love the pics of McKay with the missing tooth. My oldest has lost 7 baby teeth now and it is such a fun and silly thing to see happen. Too cute!

mstokes said...

You"re the best! Rules smules - Desperate times call for desperate measures! Very Creative!