Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Have You Seen Chris Brown?

Carter LOVES Chris Brown. He loves his music (the ones that I approve of!) & he LOVES to watch him dance in his music videos. I often find Carter glued to the computer watching his video's over & over again!

So, last week while we were in St. George we ran to Walmart to pick up a few things. Carter was doing his best to be patient & was sitting on the edge of a bin of pillows. I was startled when I heard him scream & fall backwards into the pillows completely disappearing. Before I could get to him his little head popped out of the pillows & he was doing everything he could to get his little body up as he was pointing down the aisle & screaming "Mom, Mom, look.... It's Chris Brown"! I turned around to see a black man walking up the aisle! I quickly tried to grab Carter's hand to keep him from pointing at the man! But, he was beside himself with excitement! He continued to very loudly inform me that it was Chris Brown over & over again! The man got closer & closer & I was completely embarrassed! Once the man realized what was going on he stopped. He looked nothing like Chris Brown! The only thing they had in common was that they are both black! I apologized to the man as Carter looked at him with start gazed eyes! The man was kind enough to laugh at it! But, as he walked away shaking his head he mumbled something about a little white kid living a sheltered life & needing to see more black people! Maybe so! But, Carter is convinced he saw Chris Brown

Disclaimer: I understand that Chris has had some issues in his life. Issues that I don't support. However, my 4-year-old is to young to understand any of that! He just loves how the guy dances & sings!  

2 comments:

Rachel S. Smith said...

Soo funny! I love your sheltered little white kid and all his funny comments!

Moalee said...

This little guy makes me laugh more than anyone lately. XOXO