Thursday, June 3, 2010

Finally!









Cannon is FINALLY walking! While my family was here this weekend they took it upon themselves to get him going! He really didn't have any desire to before... a mother who carries him everywhere and two brothers that get him anything he wants - why would he!

As I look at these pictures I get a little emotional! Not just because my baby is walking! But, because I look at Jason and my Mom hovering around him... guiding him... picking him up when he would fall... cheering him on and encouraging him! But, most of all protecting him. It made me think that that is how they have been for me my whole life. My Mom has always been there for me for everything... But, my brother has always been my constant, my quiet supporter, always doing it in his own ways... which makes him who he is. I remember last summer as we spent hours together... days together... at the hospital with Travis - it was Jason and I who could sit together by ourselves away from the mayhem and be comfortable in our silence. Needing and wanting to be with each other - but not needing to say a word. Thank you Jason. And Yes, I know that they only way he will see this is when Amy checks my blog and reads it to him! That's how he checks in on me - doing it in his own way!!!

2 comments:

Moalee said...

I think you know him very well!

Amy said...

Very touching Erin. Jason thought so too,I could tell. When I asked him if he wanted me to leave a comment for you to read he just said.....she knows.