Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cupcakes Anyone?




As many of you know I really don't care for sweets... actually it is quite rare for me to find food that I really like... I'm not a picky eater... I just really don't care that much about food! Strange I know! It drives James and my family crazy! But, I do love the way that cupcakes look! I think that they are so dang cute! So, I usually just make them and give them all away! But, I have to admit that I even thought that these cupcakes tasted good!
Recipe:
*Favorite chocolate cake mix (follow instructions on box)
*Frosting - Homemade or store bought - I bought cream cheese frosting but used powdered sugar to thicken it up.
* 1 Box cream cheese
* 1 egg
* 1/2 bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (be sure to get the mini)
* 1/4 cup sugar
First make the cake mix per the box instructions. Once the batter is mixed set aside while you make the cream cheese filling.
Filling: Add 1/4 cup of sugar to 1 box softened cream cheese. Cream. Add 1 egg & 1/2 package of chocolate chips. Mix all ingredients well.
Next fill all the cupcake liners about 3/4 the way full with cake batter. After all liners are filled add the cream cheese mixture to the batter. Just take 1 rounded teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture and drop it into the center of each cupcake. Push the center down with the spoon to make sure the mixture is centered. Bake as directed with cake mix.
FYI: sometimes the cream cheese filling will show up on top. Don't worry they are fully cooked and the frosting will cover it! Enjoy!!!

No comments: