Thursday, June 3, 2010

McKay









McKay has been looking forward to his "Very Special Me" week at school since school started! Since he had all year to think about it he had it all planned out! He took his deer antlers, bear hide and bobcat hide to show all the kids & had Grandpa come along to tell the story of when they killed the deer! He also took his cd of songs and showed the kids how he could "break dance"! He was so proud & excited to have his family with him! We each got our turn to say a few things about him & what we love about him! It melted my heart when Carter just went off about how much he loves his big brother! Telling the class how they are best friends and how McKay always takes care of him and looks out for him! But, the killer came when it was my turn...... after listening to Carter I was already a little emotional! So I was standing in front of 28 Kindergartner's all staring at me and I totally started to bawl!!!! And I couldn't pull it together! I put my arms around McKay and knelt down to tell him I was sorry if I was embarrassing him... When he said "Mom, you never embarrass me... I just know that it means you love me a lot"! Then he turned to the class and said "My Mom prayed really hard for me"! Explaining to his class why I was crying! How grateful I am that he knows and understands what that means!

3 comments:

Keri said...

This post makes me cry. He is the
sweetest boy! I love all the things
he brought for his special day.
Erin You are the most wonderful
Mother...because you worked so hard to get these boys here, every
second with them is more meaningful
and they know how much you treasure
them. I just love your family!

Miranda said...

this one made me cry too. I am so glad that I am able to read your blog, and just feel the bonds of motherhood. It is such a powerful thing. I admire you, first because you are a great mom, and second, because you are a mom who still gets dressed and puts makeup on!! :) What a sweet post. Ok, now I can stop crying... :)

Kimberly Davis said...

So sweet, you are a fabulous Mom!