Thursday, June 3, 2010

Breakfast Texas Muffins




I seriously can't remember where I saw this recipe... but, I had been wanting to try it for quite some time. A couple weeks ago our friend Ilona Ence was visiting from St. George and it seemed like the perfect time to try it out... or maybe it's not the perfect time to try out a new recipe when you have company! I've had good and bad experiences there! But, this one seemed pretty harmless!
You need the "Texas" sized muffin tins. You simply press an English Muffin into the bottom of the mold, put shredded cheddar cheeses on top of the muffin, line the edges with pre-cooked bacon to form a mold for the egg. You bake at 350 until the egg is done and not jiggly - about 25 minutes. I actually scrambled eggs to put on McKay and Carters... and they loved them!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Thanks Erin! Now I know just what to serve my family when they are
in town for Brett's Graduation.
This will be perfect for a Texas
Breakfast. Looks delicious!