Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Reason...




Over Memorial Day weekend my family (the Wall's) gathered together here in Logan to celebrate my Grandfather's 80Th Birthday! I took pictures the whole weekend... trying to document it all... But, as I got ready to upload them to this post it really only came down to these three pictures... I am so lucky for what this man has given me. He has showed me unconditional love and support throughout my entire life, he has given me his time and his attention & now gives it so freely to James and the boys. But, above all else he has given me my family. He and my Grandmother of course are the reason we (my family) are all here. He gave me my father & in turn gave me my mom, my brothers, my uncle, my aunts and my cousins... He gave me the people who have stood beside me through the roughest and most difficult times of my life. The people who have prayed for me and my little family, who have fasted with us for our children. The people who I call for advice or when I am upset and need a little understanding. The people who do not judge me. The people who bring me balance and peace and joy in my life. The people who have taught me to be able to laugh at myself. The people who when there is an accident... are the first people you call because you know they will drop everything to be there. I have learned to love, appreciate & cherish these people more the older I get. I have learned to not take them for granted.
I cherish the memories I have of my Grandpa. Of him taking me for donuts and chocolate milk when I was young and would visit during the summer, how he would take me around to deliver sewing machines, the time he bought me Lee Press on Nails and blue eyeshadow! His smile when he would see you and the hug that always followed. Summer nights on the back patio with root beer floats & ice cream at the lodge at Redfish... He gave me his time & he gave me my family. What a wonderful man he is!


1 comment:

Moalee said...

He is a wonderful man who has taken care of us all.