Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What A Good Friend!


So, I have had this house in our neighborhood that I have been stalking since we moved in in July... For awhile it was for sale... then it wasn't... then it looked vacant... I didn't know if they had sold it or if it had gone back to the bank or if it was even vacant or not. But, they had this pomegranate bush that was absolutely loaded and I wanted to pick them sooooo bad! I even started to plot schemes of going in the middle of the night - not that I ever really would!?!?!?!


My friend Rachel and I are the room mothers for McKay's Kindergarten class. We had to go up to the school today to throw a little Birthday party for his teacher and I just picked her up on my way and she rode up to the school with me. On our way home I told her I wanted to show her a house because there was something that I was considering stealing from it!!! So, when we pulled up to the house she saw what I was talking about and said "You want those pomegranates don't you"!!! She didn't know the story of the house much better than I did... BUT she told me that if I would pull up to the door she would go knock and see if anyone was home! Something that I was too chicken to do! I probably would have ended up sending James! Anyways - she marched right up there and a lady came to the door and told us we could pick all we wanted! So, Rachel said "lets go pick pomegranates"! Carter had a blast carrying them and putting them in the car - we didn't even have a bag & we just had to put them in the car as they rolled all over the place!
By the time we were done I made it home with 40 pomegranates!


THANK YOU Rachel for going and knocking on the door when I was too chicken!!! You are fabulous! And tell Rick thank you too... I noticed on my caller ID that he had called looking for you while we were picking!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! My stalker husband! Hey...I would do anything for my friend, the Turley's...almost anything! They look beautiful in your bowl! Think of me everytime you eat them.