Sunday, September 20, 2009

8 Months


My little man is growing so fast. I think the time goes by faster with each child. I have been really struggling lately feeling like this time that I cherish so much is just passing by all too quickly.
At 8 months Cannon is mobile... he rolls all over and pushes himself backwards. You can see his frustration when something he wants is out of reach and when he tries to move he goes every direction but forwards! When he gets frustrated he does the motor boat sounds with his lips - the more frustrated he is the louder it gets!
He is very much the center of his brothers lives right now! They both beg to hold him, bath him, feed him... They are always the first to tell me he is awake and when I get him out of his crib he is flying his head around looking for his brothers and starts kicking and going crazy when they come running in. I pray that the friendship and bond that my boys have now will last them throughout their lives.
Cannon's favorite place to be is on my hip! AND, my favorite place to have him is on my hip! But, I do have to admit that with two brothers running around it's sometimes the safest place for him to be!
He says Mama and Dada and the boys work with him several times a day to get him to say their names. McKay told me last week "He will be saying my name any day now if I keep practicing with him"!
We love this little man so much! It is fun to watch him starting to get excited and aware of his little world. He got his first tooth this week! So, Carter thought that meant he could eat real food and tried to share his peach with him! Cannon enjoyed having something to gnaw on and they both ended up pretty juicy and sticky!

James took McKay and Carter with him to Logan this weekend and Cannon and I stayed home. I had a very nice quite weekend getting to love on Cannon! We rocked, read books, cuddled, watched Pride & Prejudice together( I think I enjoyed it more than he did!), ran a few errands & ate some really good sushi (Thanks Rachel & Rick for the invite)! I really enjoyed my time that I was able to just get to give to him. With two other children that doesn't happen very often!

Here's hoping that time will slow down just a little bit so I can take this time in my life in just a little bit more!




No comments: