Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Letting Go...


This man is growing up faster than I can handle... Kindergarten has seemed to have catapulted him to little man hood. We were getting him ready for school the other day and he asked me if I would do his hair like a "peacock"... I had to have him explain to me what he meant because I wasn't quite sure about the "peacock" explanation! But, laughed when I realized that what he meant was a mohawk! At first I told him no. But, I sat there and comtimplated it. I'm usually not the type to let him run around with a mohawk... But, I decided it was time to let it go... time to step back and let him start to express himself in his own little ways a little bit more. So, I had to smile as I watched him get on the bus and all the kids started telling him how awesome his hair was! As the bus pulled away he stuck his head out the window with the biggest smile on his face and yelled back at me that he loved me!
Today he came home from school and said "Mom, is my hair called a peacock or a mohawk... because this kid on the bus said it was called a mohawk"! So, I had to tell him it is called a mohawk and will probably never hear him call it a "peacock" again... But, it was really cute while it lasted!

No comments: