Thursday, September 24, 2009

Candy Bar Cookies!

Ok - it is no surprise to anyone in my family that I don't like cookies... I never have! Even growing up - cookies have never been my thing. It's sad to say that I don't even like to make them... Yes, I am a mother and I don't like to make cookies - I can hear the gasps! HOWEVER - my very sweet neighbor, Mindy is the best baker I know! Her kids Erin and Kaden come over in the evenings to play with my boys and she is always sending fabulous treats with them. Last week she sent over some Candy Bar cookies that she had made. James & the boys dove into them and I was enjoying how pretty they looked in my domed cake plate!!! I don't know why - I think Carter was "sharing" with me - But, I took a bite of one... AND they were amazing! So, for me to share a cookie recipe you know they have to be good!


Candy Bar Cookies

1 C (2 sticks) Butter or Margarine Softened
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C firm pack light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 3/4 C candy bar chunks
3/4 C chopped nuts (optional)


In large bowl cream butter & sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In medium bowl combine flour, soda & salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in candy bar bits. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-13 minutes at 350, or until edges are lightly browned & centers are still soft.


Mindy uses the mini candy bars and the ones that she made us that were so fabulous were with 2 mini snickers, 2 kitkat, 1 milky way & 2 3 musketeers. But, the fun thing is that you can mix them up with any candy bars you want. AND with Halloween coming it is a good way to use all those mini candy bars your kids will get trick or treating! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Bonnie Young said...

Thanks Erin! These do look yummy!