Monday, February 23, 2009

This Song...



This song is one of my all time favorite songs. I first heard it when I was pregnant with McKay and had just gone through the complete roller coaster of all of the fertility drugs and treatments... So, it kind of became my anthem song for him! In fact, around here it is known as McKay's song! When he hears it he will say "Mom, this is my song". As he has grown from a baby to a little boy it has become even more special to me. As we have since added two more boys to our family it is truly my anthem! Every time I listen to it it reminds me how truly lucky I am to be a mother to my three little boys!
So, we made a Costco run the other day... It was my first trip since having the baby and I had a list a mile long! James was good enough to come with me and as we entered the store we split the list and the children - I had Carter and Cannon and James had McKay. So, as we went by the flowers Carter said to me "I'll buy you some flowers Mommy"! I stopped for a minute because fresh flowers really are a weakness of mine... and I thought that it was such a cute offer... how could I turn it down? It was just then that James and McKay came around the corner and McKay was holding a big bouquet of roses for me! They had beat us to it! So, Carter was a little heart broken that he didn't get to pick them out that I handed them to him and told him he could carry them for me... I told him that they smelled good and to smell them - So, he did just to inform me that "they smell disgusting Mom, they smell like chicken"!!! - as his face was all crinkled up in the funniest little face! So, everyday McKay asks me if I like my flowers and everyday Carter tells me they smell like chicken!

1 comment:

mstokes said...

What sweet little boys! Your really brave to take them all to Costco - We have a greakdown everytime, with just one!